Saturday, August 3, 2019

My Woes of Summer, August 2019

Hi Everyone,


It has been awhile since I have done one of these. There comes a time in your life that you feel this is just too much fun.  I have been too busy to even think of writing. In all reality, I did it because I thought it might be fun. The only way you can get a word in is when no one is around.  Oh, well! 

I’ve really been busy around the house and the yard since moving in here. The yard had vines, bushes and all kinds of weeds. There were hedges across the one part of the side of the house. . . Sonny and I took care of those, they are now gone. I couldn't get out there to trim them on that hill so I told the brother out they go.  

When we got to the front side under the window boxes we had a lot of thorny bushes and they were just too much.  Why anyone would want to put something like that in front and under window boxes sure puzzles me.  We left the holly bushes, they are so pretty. Still have an ugly rose bush on the end near the driveway. That will go by the fall.  

We had some dead trees that needed to be taken down. They were rotted and in very bad condition. The problem was I didn't know if they were mine or the neighbors’. So I had the land surveyed. No kidding, the vines were so bad in the yard you couldn't get a true look at where the property line was.  So we eye-balled it and I got a company to come in and cut down the three rotted trees.  Unfortunately, my next door neighbor at the time, wasn't a very friendly person. When she saw I had those trees cut down she blew a gasket, so to speak. Her uncle owned the place and you would have thought I had murdered someone. She even called the police on me. The policeman came down and he informed her, “Well, I think you might want to check and see if the trees are on her property as she has stakes out there." She came up and began  looking around, mumbling to herself. So I went out to talk to her. Now I had lived here for a year and she had never even looked at me one time in that year. She had the nerve to say I should have told her I was cutting down her trees. Or I should have discussed it with her.  Bull... they are My trees and I don't have to ask anyone’s permission. So after the men cut down the trees I had noticed that they were infested with termites. So I poured two gallons of stuff on the  place where the trees were to kill the termites. And I treated all-around the house on that side. My place had been treated but I wanted to make sure they didn't come my way. 

The Gentleman that owned the place was getting it ready to sell and his niece moved. Good luck to her new Neighbors. He even helped get some of the weeds and vines that were so thick and trimmed them out for me. A very nice man. I told him the trees that were cut down were infested with the termites and I did do a treatment on them but he needed to follow up on it. Well after the weeds were gone the one tree that was the worse was on his property. He didn't seem to mind as it saved him two hundred dollars. He has sold the house to a young couple.  Never see them either.  Anyway then I had a fence put up and now we,  along with LaVella, have put in flowers and fixed it all up. It took us two summers and a half to get to the point where we are. The Man that owned this place was a pilot and not around much I guess and the place was overridden with a lot of weeds and vines. 

All in all, it was fun getting it cleared out and then fixing everything the way we like. Had lots of people say how nice the yard and flowers look. . It is a job keeping up. Especially the weeding. Next year I am putting on eight inches of mulch. Well, I guess that's about it for this time. 
Hope you enjoy reading about my woes.

Hugs to all! 
You know who I am.
JIC.... Barbara R Fichtel 

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 5, 2020 Not much going on. Just tired of the winter.  It is almost over. Thanks to God for getting me through it.  Everything seems ...