Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Family News - Finishing up June!


June was a good month and a very sad one.  The good part was LaVella coming in for a visit. The sad part was my cousin Bill has passed away.  I told you in one of my prior blogs  he was battling lung cancer. Well he succumbed to it on June12th. Very sad for his family as it had not been that long ago since they lost their Mother.  He leaves behind a lot of good memories.  He most definitely will be missed.  Thoughts, love and prayers go out to his loved ones.

Just heard from my granddaughter Crystal that her Grandfather Fred Tobergte is in hospice and in a wheel chair. He is going to be 93 some time soon. She is having some mixed feelings about wanting to see him like this or not.  I can’t tell her what to do but I think she needs to go see him.  He is a kind man. Whenever we were invited over to Dave’s house for a birthday party or what ever, he would be there. He was very kind and pleasant to my brother and I. He would start talking in German. Of course I couldn’t understand what he was saying.  If he would say a word or two that I used to hear growing up I would know what they were.  My Mom spoke some German but not as well as he. I guess that comes from being reared by German parents. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Fred.
My grandson Greg came in on a whirlwind trip to see a concert of 311. Look at that bunch! Looks like trouble to me! It was good to spend some time with Greg. Sarah didn’t get to come back but she will be here in a month. They are both coming back with Marcus next time.  Oh, Greg brought his new little toys with him. A new iPhone and iPad. I guess we had about four hours together. It was a great visit.
Brother Al had a test done and it came back positive, so now he has to have a colonoscopy done.  He doesn’t handle these things very well.  He always has that look of fear. I always tell him not to worry until he has the facts in his hand. That is the only thing you can do. Generally things turn out just fine .  So we go see the Doctor to set up every thing on Tuesday.
Well that is about it for now, till next time.
Love to all!!



You know who I am! LOL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 5, 2020 Not much going on. Just tired of the winter.  It is almost over. Thanks to God for getting me through it.  Everything seems ...