Saturday, June 19, 2010



Greetings Everyone!
June is here! Wow! has it been hot in May. I think they said it was ten degrees hotter than our normal temps.  Like I have always said, “that’s the Ohio Valley for you!
Just wanted to write a note on the Memorial Day blog, celebrating our service men. I know there were a few I forgot to put in there. There was Walter Miller, I believe he was in the Army. My Uncle Ralph Sarver served in the Navy. AB Rosenbaum  served in the navy also. That is Greg’s Dad, and his brother Dave also served in the Armed Forces. Just don’t want to forget anyone. They did our country proud.
La Vella came in to spend a week.  It was fun. Gary, Sonny, Emily, I and La Vella did go to the Evergreen Cemetery in Southgate, Kentucky and found some family. Have to figure out who they all are. Also found GrGr grandfather James Sarver and wife. GrGrandfather George is laid to rest there also, but his marker is not showing. So I am going down there again to check out the area to see if I can find it.  We also went to Baltimore Pike  Cemetery and I did find my GrGrandmother Mathilda Sarver.  Her marker is really nice. Little round stone with her name and dates and a flower holder in the center. NIce!  Uncle Harold  Sarver’s  marker is gone. But the care director went over in the area and found his grave. We took picture of the stone next to him. There are two graves that separate him and the grave next to him. I was really happy to find the graves.
I had heard some complaints about the cemetery which I find hard to believe.  Sure, there are some stones that have fallen and some that have gone under the dirt. They have been there for over one hundred years. What can you expect?
We went to the Library so I could sign for a card to use the genealogy department in Covington. It is really an awesome library. All the history for Kentucky is sent there.
After the grave hunting we had lunch at  this place on the River front called  Buckhead Mountain Grill.  Do you remember me telling you about Emily’s little faults?  You know the running from a can of soda when it is spraying? Well, we went to order our food at the place and because La Vella  and I ordered Chicken salad she said “I can’t order that because the both of you are ordering it”. LOL! LOL!  I said what the (@#$%^@# ) is that about!?????   LMBO. It is a rule or something when Her and  friends go out for lunch that they never buy the same thing. I guess so they can try a taste of each others food. Go figure! Well, we have one in every family I guess! Now mind you when she and Mike ordered they ate the same thing!  HILARIOUS!!!  They SHARED!!! Hahahaha!
Then we went to the butterfly exhibit and that was fun.  Mike and Emily, his grandmother, sister, nephew AJ, La Vella, Sonny and I went. Then we had lunch at Skinny Legs in Bellevue. That evening we went down to Pompilios to have dinner with Mike’s Family and watch them play Bocce. That was very interesting.
We did a few other things. The one thing we wanted to do was go to Vincennes Indiana and didn’t get to do that. So maybe we will and make a couple of days out of it the next time I get La Vella  up here.  We did have a enjoyable time. When she left I had to take a few days to rest.
I went to have some tests done and all is well. No health problems. Can’t say the same for the AC! Had to have the heating and air replaced.  When we bought this place the inspectors said the heating /cooling system would last about five years. Guess what? I will be here five years in September. Amazing!!  The service men are here installing the new system at this time.
Not much more to add so till the next time, keep cool and hydrated as I hear the 90’s are on their way. Sonny and I will do the same. Love and Hugs to all of you out there!
Just want to wish all you Dads out there a HAPPY FATHER’S DAY
God bless all!!!………. Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 5, 2020 Not much going on. Just tired of the winter.  It is almost over. Thanks to God for getting me through it.  Everything seems ...