Monday, December 8, 2014

Fond Memories

I have been thinking of some of the things I really enjoyed in years past. Thought you might also.
Zillah
Gatlinburg 2011 – Let’s Try This Again 
After our first trip in 2010 ended in such a sad way, we headed back down to the Smokey’s and enjoyed a nice October in Gatlinburg in 2011. No more high elevation in December like 2010 for me, we stayed at a cabin in the valley close to town. Greg and Sarah came this time and it was so much fun having them. Zillah was a little tot. We had a real good trip that time. Went in the mountains and got a lot of pictures and took some hikes. Of course my knee was in a little pain so I sat and waited on them while the kids did their thing. I think there were 16 of us that went. Was it a lot of fun spending time with the family? Yes, it was!
So, when February 2013 came I decided if the Family wanted to go I would book a Dinner Cruise on the BB Riverboats for Labor Day. They all said, “YES!”. . . 
WEBN Fireworks 2013
In late March, I decided to build some shelves in the basement so I could get to things that had not been unpacked since I moved into this place. Got the shelves built, cartons unpacked and things taken to Goodwill. I felt great. So, I had two large book shelfs I needed to move and when I started to move them I tripped. My head hit the wall (thank the Lord it was drywall, my right shoulder hit the front of the shelving I built and tore my right shoulder beyond repair. I yelled for Sonny to come down and help me to get up, But as always he was on the second floor above me. Couldn’t hear me. He doesn’t hear me when he is sitting right next to me. I had a hard time getting up with one arm. And being as old as I am it was hard to get up. But I did and sep1-2013called Tammy to see if she could take me to the emergency room. Believe me it had to be bad for me to do that. I was in the office where they check you in and I heard Sonny and Tammy talking. Sonny said something to Tammy and her response was, “Yeah she is pretty hard headed.”  Don’t even want to know what he said to get that answer. Anyway the emergency room Doctor referred me to an orthopedic and the results were not good. Had to have a replacement done on it.
The Doctor wanted to do it before Labor Day. No.
Yes, that’s right, I told him,
“No. I have plans for the Fireworks. I have waited five months and it won’t hurt to wait a couple more weeks.”
That’s right. I was going on that Dinner cruise no matter what. We did, and had the best seat in the whole place. It was great. I need to do that again before the inevitable happens. One of the greatest times I had with my loved ones. Just wish they all could have been there. The kids from California and Texas didn’t make it. Everyone had IMG_2351fun. Great parking, Great Food, Great cruise and last but not least . . .
The Fireworks were the greatest I have ever seen!
So, after the Big Bang, I had my surgery. Everything went as it should.  I had therapy and it was good. I can move my arm and lift things, not too heavy. But I can reach in the cupboard and get a cup or plate. No pain! I don’t like the idea that it isn’t my real parts in there, but it works. That is all I care about. So now I am finished with the doctor runs every few months and I go back in a year.
Ok. Back to 2014 
Well, I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Emily came over to help me with the cooking, which I was grateful for. Our family gathering was great. Carol came down after the holiday. Greg and Sarah and the children came the Friday after. It was a great day. Crystal came with Mischa. Eric stayed home with Izzy, she was sick!   Well, until the next time . . .
Love and Hugs to All,
Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 5, 2020 Not much going on. Just tired of the winter.  It is almost over. Thanks to God for getting me through it.  Everything seems ...